We had a good little scare over the weekend. On Saturday afternoon, I started to feel some painful contractions. I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions for as long as I could remember, but these were definitely different so I kept notice of them. They started to get stronger, so I decided to time them for a while and sure enough they were consistently 4 minutes apart. I have this paranoia of being "the girl who cried labor" so I just kept timing them until I was suddenly nauseous and was just extremely uncomfortable, so I placed a call to the doctor and was told to go into Labor & Delivery.
When we got there, they hooked me up to monitor Connor's heartbeats and my contractions, and the monitor confirmed that I was indeed experiencing consistent contractions. The on-call doctor showed up and explained that since we were only 35 weeks pregnant, the development of Connor's lungs were in question-- he was right on the border of full development so it could easily go either way. They pumped me up with fluids, gave me several shots to ease my nausea and I got another shot to stop the contractions which eventually worked. I was there for several hours and around midnight, the doctor asked how I was feeling and gave me the option to go home. By then I was as comfortable as I'd been all day, thought about Riley, and easily decided that I wanted to be home.
I am extremely thankful that we made it past this scary night, but now I am completely anxious about anything happening. So I'm asking for your prayers that our little guy hangs on tight for at least a couple of more weeks. Luckily I am scheduled for weekly doctors appointments now, so I'm hoping we'll formulate a new birth plan in case he does decide to show up to the party early.
Thank you to my family for all your help and your support. It was a rough night, and I definitely would not have been able to stay as positive without all your love.